Howdy folks and welcome back to the hump day link up! I have seriously loved getting to know so many new faces and people. It is an amazing thing to be able to connect with people who you would never have met in any way, shape or form pre-internet days but the internet has the power to bring people together and share. The sharing on the internet is a little like my kids, you know, sometimes it’s positive and sometimes they are just way too negative. But for the most part, the internet provides a way of people getting new information, discovering more, finding out things they wouldn’t have and reading opinions and thoughts they might not have thought themselves. And let’s not forget how great it is when your child asks you about how plastic is made and you have the ability to say “let’s google it and we can probably watch a Youtube video on this too!” Bet my encyclopedia’s didn’t do that. This week there was such an awesome variety of posts, some made me laugh, some made me ponder life more and others were just downright enjoyable embracing fashion and food. Brilliant. Pretty much exactly what I signed up for and wanted to do this link up for!
Featured Blogger This Week!
So I enjoyed reading some brilliant pieces that made me laugh this week, cause I really needed a good laugh. I haven’t stumbled across Amanda’s blog before but I am now a follower. I loved her honesty and her story about taking on the hugging experiment for the family. I really got a good chuckle about how as a family we may be similar but yet we are all so different. I just loved how they tried something new and how it turned out. You should read it because it reminded me so much of probably the same thing happening in our household as well!!
So what is getting me over the hump this week? This week has been a down. I feel like I have said that a lot lately and really I am generally a pretty happy person so I feel like this period is a little unusual in our lives. But shit has gone down and lots of it. Lots of it over the last few months so it’s just really a mountain of shit now. Just a lot of stuff we had worked towards hasn’t worked out. I need to sit down and write about it, but I can’t because that makes it final. Then a whole bunch of stuff has happened to the husband this week. You know when you have goals? And you work and train hard for them and then in a blink of an eye, it’s all taken from underneath you? Yeah, just disappointment. So that just added to the pile. Life has these ups and downs and it is how we work through them. It is important to feel the sadness, the anger, and the disappointment. Often you have to work through all the emotions. So this week what is getting me over the hump is my favourite motivational and inspirational quotes. Some days it is harder than others to pick ourselves up and keep moving forward but I am a firm believer in it and that leads me exactly to my first one:
- “What doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger”. I try to live by this so much. It can be hard. Life can be really crappy sometimes and a bitter pill to swallow but what we work through and overcome does make us stronger, more resilient and prepares us for whatever life throws at us next.
- The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell”. Love this too. Life is about trying and sometimes falling and failing but other times succeeding. Imagine never experiencing any of that? I would rather say that I have experienced and tried than to never have tried at all.
- “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it”. Another one that is brilliant and often hard to follow through with. But even if you react badly at first, it is what you do with that experience long-term. We can find negativity in everything but like my new series #findthegoodness, we can find something good or positive in our day.
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take”. Okay so sometimes these chances don’t work out? Like really don’t work out? But do you regret it? You gave it a shot. That is better than not doing it at all right? What if you never tried? I don’t want to look back at my life with what if moments. Take the chance and embrace how it turned out regardless. You took it.
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”. Sometimes when I feel bad about stuff in life I have to remember who I am. I know that regardless of what is going on I sometimes need to focus on the fact that I am a good person, I do the right thing by my kids and friends and I value so much all the amazing people in my life. Sometimes when the going gets tough we have to remember that we make a difference in people’s lives regardless of how we feel. You can be feeling really shitty but say something to someone who makes them feel like a million dollars.
So, there you have it, folks. My little piece of inspiration for the week. I am personally going to print these out and try to recite them daily. But I do believe in all of these and this week they will definitely be getting me over the hump.
Hope you are all having a marvelous week and thanks for linking up xxx
Hump-Day Hype! A new blog link-up!
Welcome to Hump-Day Hype! A blog link-up to help us get through the week! You know how Wednesdays (aka. Hump Day) are usually the toughest to get through, because it means we’re well into the week but not quite to the weekend? Well this blog link-up is a way to share our favourite blog posts of the week, have a cuppa and laugh/cry/inspire ourselves to make it to the weekend! We hope you enjoy Hump-Day Hype! and we can’t wait to share some amazing linked blog posts with you all!
Hump-Day Hype! Button
Hump Day Hype! Featured Button
Meet your hosts!