We all debate the amount of screen time our kids have and being a fan of that time being educational I was interested in reviewing the Kidloland Education App. If the kids are going to be on the iPad I would much prefer that they are learning something and not just shooting at things like my eldest is wanting to do.
There are so many apps out there these days, it can be hard to pick one that offers really good value. When I opened the Kidloland app I was really surprised by how many options and activity topics that were available within the app.
These are a few of the fantastic things that really stood out for me:
- With 17 menu options which range from nursery rhymes, phonics, numbers, fruit and vegetables, days and months, games, songs and the list goes on. Within each of these menus is then further options which then explore each of the topics further. For example inside the Story menu is 25 stories! That’s right! There is so much for the children to do and learn.
- What a great playlist of music available! There were loads of educational songs for the kids to sing along to while they learned about shapes and colours. The different characters that were singing or talking were all animated and colourful which kept my daughter really engaged and interested in what was happening. Within the parent section, you also have the option to create your own playlist. So if on the off chance you get sick of the same nursery rhyme (how many times have you heard Mary had a little lamb?) you can create your own playlist with up to 25 of their songs. I thought this was a great idea to mix up the music and keep it varied.
- There are also many interactive sections within the menus which meant my daughter had to think and work out where things needed to be placed.
- A huge thing for me was no ads. That is correct. There are no ads. I am always worried about my kids clicking on the wrong thing, or pressing something. So to have an app that is ad-free and all about the kids learning was a big plus in my eyes.
- A big one for travelers and people out and about is the downloading. Once you have downloaded the different topic items you have them permanently for the duration of your subscription. This means once downloaded you don’t need wi-fi again, they are on the iPad. This is great if you do travel, or just once of those times, you just need an Ipad because let’s face it, we all have those times.
Kidloland Education App Giveaway time!
All in all, I was overly impressed with this educational kids app. Kidloland and I are offering 3 lucky people the chance to win a free 3 month subscription! In my opinion watching my daughter enthralled by it and learning at the same time it was clear it had a lot to offer. You can tell the people behind the app have really put a lot of thought into what is going to engage and interest the kids.
For your chance to enter click on In The Lyons Den Instagram, follow Kidloland on Instagram and tag a friend in my comments. You can also do this on In the Lyons Den Facebook Page and follow Kidloland on Facebook and tag a friend in my comments. The more friends you tag the more times you enter! If you share the post on your Instagram it doubles your entries! Trust me it is well worth it!
In my opinion watching my daughter enthralled by it and learning at the same time it was clear it had a lot to offer. You can tell the people behind the app have really put a lot of thought into what is going to engage and interest the kids.
Thank you to Kidlolandfor my free subscription to review your app and share my experience. As always, my opinions are my own.