So here in Sydney, we are on winter school holidays. My son is off school for 2 weeks and we shut down our business for 2 weeks to first have an actual break but also so we can spend time with the kids of course. Most holidays we have to take the phone with us and still answer to emails so it is nice to walk away and have a proper break. We all need a break from time to time, it is really important as an individual and as a family.
So during the school holidays I have some goals for the family:
- My son has hassled me for ages to go up Centre Point Tower. For those of you who don’t know Sydney, it is a must see on the list if you come to Sydney. Apart from having some wonderful shops below the tower is over 300 metres above the ground and offers fabulous 360-degree views of Sydney. I am not great with heights so this is going to be a huge challenge for me!!
- More walking. As myself and some friends are doing the Long Bloody Walk in September, we need to get some practice in! I am going to do a few 10km walks with a friend over the holidays and apart from having a good chat, we will get to see the fabulous Sydney coastline along the way.
- Dinner date with my husband. We haven’t been out to dinner just the two of us for a long time! I think it is high time we have an adults only dinner to reconnect and refocus on just us again. It is so important to have that time when you can first talk without being interrupted every second word but also talk about yourselves and not just whether the kids have eaten and been to the toilet.
- Less computer and phone time. I have gone on about this in other posts but we are constantly consumed with our screen time. I am going to try to engage more with the kids and husband and try to limit the time I am on the computer. Of course now I am on the computer, but as soon as I finish them I’m off!
- Another place we want to go is the Gosford Classic Car Museum. My son has always been a car enthusiast. I actually thought at some point he would lose this enthusiasm, but it hasn’t ever gone away. The grandparents discovered this place so we thought we would check it out too.
- And of course we can’t just do things for my son, so we will be taking my daughter to Disney Princesses on Ice. She has asked me every day for two weeks if today is the day we are going. Thankfully it is only two more weeks until we do go! I can already hear the squeals of excitement!
So these are some of the exciting things we will be getting up to in the holidays. Sometimes it is nice to not go away and just have some down time as a family. Currently, we are all still sitting in our pj’s and just watching television and playing. We will be getting out and about later on but for now, this is just perfect.